Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A tribute to my Art Companion


When I started my blog I was sure to only use the blog for my art work related thoughts. I simply knew from my own experience reading other blogs that I personally preferred to read about techniques, exhibitions, products etc. rather than weather, war or personal problems. 
I guess I am taking a detour now. 

On April 9 I lost my dear studio companion. Her name was Wanda, she was the best art critique you could ever wish for. Never complained, liked all my work, agreed when I was upset about a rejection, was ready to help chew up the rejection letter, did not talk back, left me daily little gifts of hair balls, gave me lots of dog breath kisses, barked and led the way when she felt I needed a walk. Wanda was 'fluent' in several languages, gave her paw only when asked in dutch, understood 'goody goody' in english, obeyed her master in swiss german, and ran to her food plate when called in french 'manger'. She enjoyed food tremendously. Her favorite restaurant was 'Casa Maja' (not our house), where they serve a very international fare with a strong bosnian influence. 'Casa Maja' was not only one of Wanda's favorite restaurant but also her favored vacation spot, summer and winter.
Besides being an 'art and food lover', she was also very sporty. She enjoyed the snow, was an excellent runner, hunter, swimmer and sailor. 
Wanda was the collector of several quilts, ALL of them art quilts of course.
Wanda was with us for 16.5 years a long time for a dog her size, but by far not long enough for me. 
My studio will never be the same without her and neither am I.



1 comment:

Jen said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your studio companion. My faithful companion is 14 now. I sympathize. Jen