Saturday, April 16, 2011

New sewing machine

Oh boy, what an experience. I LOVE my new Juki. Since I am in the middle of remodeling my whole studio I could only do little trials with my new machine, but so far I am very excited. There is one thing I will have to get used to. On my Bernina I could lift the needle by stepping on the back of the pedal, on my Juki that same motion will cut the threads. But this is a great feature, just takes time to get used to. Also I do not have to hold my threads anymore when I start sewing. I have done some free motion stitching on one of my smaller pieces, it worked like a charm. I cannot wait to try the machine out on one of my big pieces, but for that I need my new studio, at least the table. In a few days I will be able to get to that. having said all these nice things I still LOVE my Bernina, she is still part of me.

1 comment:

vitamarie said...

Your new Juki sounds like a dream....even if it will take some getting used to. Your Bernina may be jealous!