Monday, July 14, 2008

Southwest Inspiration


Our trip to the New Mexico and Colorado last and this month is for sure worth a new post in my blog. This is not the first time that I have visited the area, but it has been a first at this time of the year. The colors were just amazing and so different from my previous experiences. They might have had a wetter spring and early summer or maybe more snow then usual but it just seemed so much greener than I remembered the area. This could just be my impression but I for sure enjoyed it. Nevertheless my favorite colors were the reds, yellows and subtle earth tones and I am already working on my first projects with these colors. 

Besides the colors another highlight were the historic sites of the pueblo indians and the rockies. I could also mention the food, which is for sure an art by itself, but since I am a fiber artist the food  is not the main reason for writing about the trip. 

The first project I will try to tackle is going to be an adobe wall 'structure', inspired by numerous buildings in Santa Fe and Taos Pueblo. And from there we will see...



No comments: