Wednesday, August 12, 2009

'Black Fabric Break Down'

WOW, what an experience I had today. I needed some black fabric for a backing today and went to my commercial fabric stack to grab some. Before I continue I think I want to mention that even though I use fabrics nowadays in a very different way than I used to, I buy good quality and I still wash it before it goes to my stack. I do however not write down when I bought the fabric and brands... way to much keeping track for me. To go back to my story, I am pulling my black fabric out of my box and the fabric falls apart. And I mean it literally disintegrated in my hands as soon I pulled a little. Now of course after the initial 'wow' effect, the fabric gets my interest and I started pulling in different directions and I am the proud owner of a very interesting piece of fabric all torn apart now. I have no idea what will happen with that particular piece, but I am just very puzzled about the whole situation. Like I said I have no idea how old the fabric is, but for sure not THAT old, for sure not an antique. I have some very old fabrics nothing like that has ever happened.  I assume there has been a batch of fabrics out at some point that had a material problem. I wonder has anybody else had a similar experience? DId I miss 'the big black fabric break down' which would not surprise me at all? Hmmm could this be the title for that piece?

No comments: