Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bernina 820 / 830

Wow, I am still in total 'shock' after I have learned today what the price of the new Bernina 820 and 830 is! $ 11990 for a sewing machine? This sounds more like a down payment of a house to me ( just kidding). Ok, I admit the 820 is only $ 7400 still, I am wondering how many 'Bernina lovers' will and can actually spend so much money on their next toy.  
I say of myself that I was born on a Bernina, grew up on a Bernina, taught in public schools on Berninas (still do whenever I am teaching in Switzerland), have two Berninas myself... yes you guessed it, I am a 'believer'. It just has always been a great tool for me. I spend hours on my machine, the colors of the threads are 'burned' into the metal of my workhorse. But would I ever spend that much money on a sewing machine? I think this time Bernina has gone over the top. 

No comments: