Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shuttel Endeavour

14 years ago we moved to South Florida. Since then every time a shuttle flew into space and I was able to watch the lift off I would do so. If it is at night I will set my alarm clock, get up turn on the TV and watch CNN. They always show it live. About a minute after lift off, the shuttle appears on 'my' horizon. And every time I am amazed at the sight, it simply takes my breath away. By now I know exactly where to watch out for the shuttle, the two palm trees where I get the first glimpse of it. And then as it gets higher I can see the separation between the booster rocket and the shuttle and then if it is night I can watch it disappear towards the north east....

I agree the picture I am posting is not great, but still it is my shuttle and my inspiration. To this day I regret that I did not try to take a picture when the international space station and the shuttle were visible together by eye from our beautiful backyard.

My two pieces 'Brain-E-Scape' were inspired by my love and respect for space.



No comments: