Wednesday, April 1, 2009

'Hindsight'

I am still working on my series 'Hindsight', I finally finished another 4 pieces today. 
For the first time instead of brushing on the UV protection I sprayed the stuff on. For sure it is less work, faster and easier on my back. But the layers are thinner when spraying and I had to do more layers something I was not aware of before I started. I don't know at this point if I will use the sprayer again for smaller pieces, parts need to be cleaned, the compressor has to be dragged into the studio, work area has to be covered and lets not forget the VENTILATION!!!!! But for my bigger art work this is for sure the way to go. Besides it is anther nice use for my air brush. 

2 comments:

Suzy in Mexico said...

Now Maya,
I clicked on the nice kitty photo and got a whole collection of animal derrieres! Is this your idea of a practical joke? It was pretty funny.
love,
suzy

Maya Schonenberger said...

No Suzy, no joke, this is just me putting a link in the wrong place. But you got a look at my 'hindsight' pictures I am currently working with. Thanks for letting me know :-)